Sunday, April 10, 2011

Biggest Loser Considerations

I finally got a chance to watch last week's episode of Biggest Loser last night. Thank goodness for "On Demand!" I was somewhat surprised that Courtney was the one who was sent home. I figured she was due for a big breakthrough on her weight since she'd had a couple of weeks where she hadn't been losing much. It was disappointing to have to see her go, and it was a bit heartening to see how much others reacted to the fact that she lost the weigh-in too. Clearly, she was special to other members of this year's Biggest Loser contestants. Eventually though, no matter how special they are to one another, they will all have to face voting to send someone they care about home, and/or saying goodbye to people they care about as only one person can win. It was pretty noteworthy and unsurprising that none of the members of the green team appeared to be all that broken up about Courtney's hastened departure. Why would they be? It kept them all there for another week.

One thing about this season of Biggest Loser that I've appreciated is the fact that all of the contestants have been reasonably likable although Q and Lariamay (sp?) seemed the most reserved of the bunch early on. Of all of the contestants left now, I think I feel the most indifferent toward the current members of the green team. I wouldn't say I dislike any of them, but I'm not exactly rooting for them either. It wouldn't have bothered me much if any of them went home this week. I have been impressed with Rulon. He's a funny-looking guy in some ways, but he's got a lot of personality, and I've been impressed with what he can do with his body even as big as he presently is. I was amazed and celebrated along with him when he did a handstand, and to see the way he threw that dummy around and brought it to the mats with a twisting leap through the air had a bit of magic to it - like a well-choreographed dance. You can see his athleticism breaking through, and it is a beautiful sight to behold. When people have a natural gift, or other ability that has been developed, and you see it in action, it is always impressive to those who have not got such talents or skills. I enjoy watching Rulon's athleticism breaking through. He's a good guy too. Other favorites: Hannah, Olivia, & Irene. Irene is quiet, but she's stayed in the game. She could surprise everyone, or she could end up a casualty of other alliances in a bad weigh-in week. She has a beautiful face too, with a doll-like quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment