Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Against the Odds

After losing in my fantasy football league each of the last two weeks, and most recently to the hubster, I was starting off this week's game in a tenuous situation. By Monday night, all of my players were done, but my opponent had one player left. I was encouraged by the fact that my opponent's player was a wide receiver who was just coming off the injury list, and the fact that I led by over 20 points. Usually, the first game back following an injury, players don't necessarily put up big numbers. Wide receivers don't often put up numbers in the 20's either. By the end of the second quarter, my opponent's wide receiver had amassed 18 points though. I pretty much figured that I was about to go on a 3-game losing streak at that point. I didn't even watch the whole game. I fell asleep. The hubster woke me up to tell me I had won by one point. ONE point made all of the difference between being in the winning or losing column this week! Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment