Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread . . .

The halls are not completely un-decked, and one tree is in a state of being semi-defrocked. There were complications that upheld the completion of the job yesterday. I didn't get back to it today. I did make a nice dinner complete with fresh homemade bread though. I made two loaves: one a glazed crusty french artisan loaf and the other a plain loaf of bread. We finished the artisan loaf; we will have the other tomorrow. I added some ground flax seed to my bread dough to boost the nutritional value. It was good, no complaints - as the devouring of an entire loaf of bread at the dinner meal attests. I also used whole grain egg noodles for the casserole I prepared. That dish was also gobbled up. It's always a good feeling when people compliment the cook by devouring the meal. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment